The Ranipettai railway station, constructed in 1858 – one of many Indian Railways’ oldest on the community, is about to grow to be a creating hub for freight visitors, in response to the Southern railway zone. After a spot of 25 years, the station which was suspended on account of operational causes in 1995, turned purposeful for freight motion on January 20, 2021. The station – now a items terminal for Ranipettai in Tamil Nadu, comes below the administration of the Chennai division of the Southern railway zone. (Additionally Learn: Indian Railways Freight Loading Up 10% To 203.88 Million Tonnes In 2020-21: This is How )
This is how the Ranipettai station is turning into a creating hub for freight visitors:
- The primary loading transported 1,300 tonnes of fertilizers to Tadepalligudam and Dwarapudi in Andhra Pradesh as a two-point rake, which fetched a income of Rs.15.32 lakhs for the railway authorities, in response to the Chennai division of Southern railways.
- The second rake was operated to Siliyari, in Chattisgarh on March 3, 2021, which carried 1,326 tonnes of fertilizers, fetching a sum of Rs 25.88 lakhs as income for Indian Railways.
- The third rake transported 1,329 tonnes of fertilizers to Tadepalligudam and Eluru in Andhra Pradesh as a two level rake on March 16, 2021, which fetched a income of Rs.13.72 lakhs for the railway authorities.
- For the present monetary yr 2021-2022, the primary loading of products from the Ranipettai station began on June 15, 2021. It was operated as a two-point rake from Ranipettai, the place 11 wagons have been loaded to Tadepalligudam (701 tonnes) and 10 wagons to the Krishna Canal junction (637 tonnes) in Andhra Pradesh.
- This resulted in transporting a complete of 1338 tonnes of chemical manure or single tremendous phosphate for M/s Coromandel Worldwide Restricted, Ranipettai. This generated a income of Rs. 11,69,790, in response to Southern railways.
The following rake is more likely to be operated on June 23, 2021, from Ranipettai to Andhra Pradesh. In the meantime, Indian Railways’ whole freight loading in fiscal 2021 stood at 203.88 million tonnes, in comparison with 184.88 million tonnes within the monetary yr 2020, marking a ten per cent development year-on-year.