The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s chief of staff and executive director of their Archewell Foundation, Catherine St-Laurent, is stepping down just 11 months after she was appointed. It comes after Meghan and Harry lost a string of employees when they were working royals.
The Telegraph cited insiders as claiming Ms St-Laurent, who previously worked at Melinda Gates’ Pivotal Ventures, “wanted out”.
A well-placed insider told the newspaper: “I think there was a sense that she was having to fulfil a great many functions for the couple – not all of which were necessarily in her job spec.
“Catherine’s very bubbly and has a big personality.
“She was the bright hope to run their organisation so this is surprising news.
“They do not have a big team out in LA so it is undoubtedly going to be a blow.”
Ms St-Laurent will now act as senior adviser to Archewell.
But she is no longer expected to be considered a full-time employee or remain on the payroll, according to the Telegraph.
The Sussexes’ UK spokesman, James Holt, will take over as Archewell’s executive director but it is not known who will fill the chief of staff role.
FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:
7.45am update: William ‘greatly improved’ relationship with Queen after navigating Megxit crisis
Prince William has “greatly improved” his relationship with the Queen after helping to navigate the Royal Family’s Megxit crisis, it has been claimed.
William is said to be “more aligned” with the Queen after growing closer to her by helping the royals deal with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex departing from the Firm, according to sources.
A courtier told The Sunday Times: “That has changed the way the Queen sees him and values his input.”
7.30am update: Meghan and Harry ‘awful’ interview will not destroy the monarchy
Buckingham Palace is sure to recover from the PR nightmare caused by the racism allegations uncovered in the Oprah Winfrey interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle earlier this month according to a royal expert.
Speaking to Fox News, Nick Bullen, a royal expert and filmmaker, told how the monarchy will survive the ordeal, sparked by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s allegations of racism.
“The monarchy can survive this interview without a doubt,” said Mr Bullen.